Motorcycle Taxes: Do I Really Need To Pay Them?
Yes. You must pay motorcycle taxes.
As per Georgia law, every type of motorcycle such as scooters, and motorbikes are placed into one categorization. (Engine size greater than 51cc )
If you purchase a motorcycle you’ll need to register it as well as pay motorbike tax to avoid any traffic tickets.
The registration procedure is different for when you get your bike from a private seller or a Georgia dealership.
A good number of motorists enjoy riding two-wheeled motorcycles. As much as bikes are risky, the feeling of riding them in the open breeze is exciting for most people.
But for you to enjoy your motorcycle on the breeze you should first pay motorcycle road tax.
Otherwise, your license may get suspended or you could receive a hefty fine for being ignorant.
GET IN TOUCH!
Documents To Bring When Registering Your Motorbike:
Registration of motorcycles is similar to that of cars but they are quite different.
Dealers will give you a temporary license that is used to apply for a motorcycle registration with the motor vehicle division.
Before your temporary license expires consider submitting your registration documents either in person or by email to your local county tax collector’s office.
- To have a Georgia driver’s license
- Show proof of ownership. (That’s a Title or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin). A statement of Title Held by Lienholder may also be required.
- A complete motor vehicle title and a certificate of inspection from constituted Georgia law Enforcement.
- Show proof of your motorcycle insurance
- Show proof that you reside in Georgia, using utility bills.
- Pay a $20 registration fee plus any applicable motorcycle taxes and fees.
If you want your registration time to be extended, apply for an extension to your initial registration period.
You’ll also need to provide the temporary license plate issued by your dealer.
Motorbike Tax – Here’s What You Need To Know
There are several motorcycle taxes you’ll be required to pay. These taxes are paid with cash or a check.
Debit and credit cards are also a form of payment; they’re only applicable depending on your county within Georgia.
Below are 5 motorbike taxes:
- Motorcycle taxes registration fee costs $20
- The title tax fee is $18
- Sales tax varies by your county
- Valorem tax depends on the value of the motorcycle. It’s usually calculated at the tax collector’s office. You can use MVD’s Valorem tax calculator to estimate the amount of tax you’ll be required to pay.
- County taxes or surcharges also vary by the state you live in.
Georgia State Auto Insurance for Advice on motorbike tax and motorcycle road tax.
You’ll enjoy being out on the open road even more when you’re not worried about your safety and that of your passengers, and motorbike.